After reviewing Atlassian's Slack automation documentation, I could not find any specific documentation about sending messages via Automation for Jira to private channels.
I am able to send Slack messages automatically to public channels, however, I am receiving a 404 error when trying to send a message to a private Slack channel.
Has anyone run into or solved this issue?
Hello Connor!
Thanks for reaching out about getting your Jira notifications within a private Slack channel. There is a similar post related to this which may be found at How can I configure JIRA Slack integration to use private Slack channels for notification?
The short answer to the resolution is to invite the Jira bot into your private channel to allow access.
Additional resources for this are:
Regards,Stephen Sifers
Stephen,
Thank you so much for pointing me to this post, I appreciate the help!
Best,
Connor
This is a solution for connecting a project to a private Slack channel, should this solve the Automation rule issue as well? because that way I will need to connect all projects one by one (automations works on all projects for me)
Hi! I have the same issue with sending messages via Automation for Jira to a private Slack channel, it simply doesn't work. It only accepts member ID or public slack channel name with # pre-fix. Any idea how to add private slack ID? @Stephen Sifers
For me only worked with a dedicated webhook url and without set the channel on the jira automation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.