When the label "testing-required" is added to any ticket across multiple projects, I have Jira automation set up to clone that ticket into a Kanban board for our QA team. The automation also makes some transformations to fields for our QA team.
This automation works great, but the tickets are always cloned into the QA team Kanban backlog. The QA has asked if it is possible to have the cloned issues placed in our Triage status. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this.
When I add a Change Issue Status action to the original automation, I get an error. I am pretty sure this is because it is trying to change the status of the original issue and not the cloned issue.
Also, when I try a separate automation event in the QA board that runs when a new issue is created and has a label of "testing-required", but this event is never triggered. It makes it seem like a cloned issue does not trigger a Issue Created event.
Does anyone have any experience with this kind of issue?