Would like create a work-on-hand burn down report that that tracks total number of open and closed tickets each week, with a forecast for upcoming weeks.
When I try to create a report, and add two series:
- Open - all bugs with status not closed or resolved
- Closed - all bugs with status closed or resolved
I find I get a graph with the counts of number of tickets that entered these states on a daily basis, which is not useful for a burn chart.
What I want is a total count of each, aggregated on a weekly basis so I can show trends.
The Series editor does not give me a lot of options. It does permit a JQL query, but not sure what expression would work in this case, nor do I see how to tell the report to generate reports weekly or monthly, rather than daily.