Hi All! So obviously we're sifting through a lot of tickets everyday / giving updates & comments on tickets. There's days where I don't remember what I last updated/commented and I would like to add a queue in our service desk that clearly shows me what tickets have been commented on most recently and by who. Hopefully this makes sense...
Is this possible?
There is an updated date field that will show you the date of the last update. If you want to see the details of who made the last update or any update you can look at the history tab in the detail issue view.
Hi @taelor toews
To use the information in a queue, it'll need to be metadata you can refer to.
There aren't fields for Last Updated By, Last Commented By or Last Comment Date/Time - but you could create them, and use Automation to populate them?
---
This is how I did it to test this scenario, using Comments:
Now I have the data, I can refer to it in JQL, or use it as columns in an issue search or queue
If this sounds like the right approach for you, and you'd like a more indepth step-by-step guide to replicate this, let me know!
Ste
Hi @Ste Wright
Browsing the forums is like panning for gold, sometime you just stumble on a nugget like this!
I have been trying to get something like this working for months now...
Copy comment author into custom userpicker field - Automation for Jira
But your tip with regard to {{initiator}} really helped.
I went from this ...
.. to this ...
and now it works
I can now setup ticket queues or dashboard gadgets showing tickets that have received a comment "today" from someone who is not the ticket assignee.
Super!
@Jason Thompson how did you get "last commented user" into your list of available fields to edit? I can't get any custom user picker fields to populate on this list.
Hi @natalie
If you click on the 'chose fields to set' drop down menu, then just start typing the name of your custom field, it should appear and be selectable.
As you see above, two matching custom fields are displayed, which were not there when I clicked on the dropdown.
*I have since changed my field name to German as I work in a German company, but it is the same field.
Is that what you meant?
@Ste Wright ,
I have configured the customField "Latest Comment By" with a SmartValue {{initiator}} and will check...
However, another customField "Latest Comment On" that is of "Date/Time picker" Type doesn't appear in the list "Choose fields to set" dropdown...
Any suggestions?
Regards,
Unsure why it does not show TBH. I just tested and was able to add a custom date field to my queue. If you type in "Latest" in the Columns field in the edit queue screen your field does not show?
No @Jack Brickey ,
I have three CustomFields - "Latest Comment", "Latest Comment By" and "Latest Comment On".When I search using various words, it shows "Latest Comment" and "Latest Comment By", but not "Latest Comment On"Secondly, though I configured {{initiator}}, the Rule isn't encountering an error, but when I look for the column "Latest Column By", the column is empty...
@Ste WrightThank you! My goodness we have been trying to do this for months and finally found this article.
Not a problem - glad you found it useful!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.