Currently I am finding that if there is a ticketed that is linked between a Jira Software Project Boards (as a Software Project) to a ticket on a Jira Service Management Boards (as a Service Project), when the ticket on the Jira Software Project Boards is either set to Done, Closed or Closed - Not Required, it adds a comment to the Jira Service Management Board ticket with my name and the requestor of the Jira Service Management Board ticket receives an automatic email stating the new status was modified by myself.
The strange thing with this is is that I am not making the modification of the Status on the Jira Software Project Board ticket but the change is being made by other users of the Jira Software Project Board.
I have gone through all the settings that are available to me on the Jira Software Project Boards, Jira Service Management Boards and within the Jira Software and Jira Service Management but have not found any reference to my profile or email address that would cause this to happen. I have found that it looks like that this could be happening when I am setup as a Watcher of the ticket on the Jira Service Management Boards but I am unsure that this could be the cause as there are other users referenced as Watchers.
Any information as to why this could be happening and how to resolve would be greatly appreciated as this is now starting to impact users and the quality of communication that is being provided.