I am looking for the easiest way to set up a rule so that every time an issue's status changes to QA, send a notification to me and one other individual. A notification in slack or email is fine, I just want some way to track when this happens.
The below articles did not help me--I tried setting up a custom event, and all it allows me to do is say the event name, but not actually specify any of the logic (i.e. the event should be any time an issue moves to one specific status, not just anytime an issue moves at all).
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/adding-a-custom-event-861253643.html#Addingacustomevent-firecustomeventConfiguringnotificationsforacustomevent
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Is-there-a-way-to-send-a-notification-to-specific-users-or-role/qaq-p/473956
Hello @Jackie Lariviere
Welcome to the community.
I suggest you use the Automation feature for this.
Hi @Jackie Lariviere -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You may do this with an Automation for Jira rule. It would be something like:
You may add additional conditional logic as needed. Please see here for some information to get you started:
Best regards,
Bill
Thanks, this looks perfect. It took me a while to find it though. I wish it was more obvious!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.