I'm trying to learn how to share a kanban board and the documentation tells me to read up on "Permissions Overview" - but when I click the link for that subject it just takes me to a page called "Blog Posts" that has nothing about permissions on it!
Example: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/how-to-share-kanban-board-with-colleagues/qaq-p/1031227
Another example: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-a-company-managed-board/
Both refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/permissions-overview-764478244.html but clicking that link takes me to https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog ....
Hi @Heinz, Michael kindly follow below steps in order to share board .
Hello @Heinz, Michael
Welcome to the community.
Links in posts may become obsolete over time as documentation is replaced.
If you do an internet search for "jira cloud permissions overview documentation", among the results is a link to this page.
How do Jira permissions work?
That page discusses permissions for the JIRA Software product (vs. the JIRA Service Management product).
Thanks for the link - but I want to point out that one of those examples I listed is from your documentation - not a community post. If your documentation is out of date it's going to cause a lot of confusion.
It is not my documentation. I am not an employee of the Atlassian team. I am simply another user of the product in this community.
This is a user community, not a support portal. If you wish to report the discrepancy to Atlassian support, and if you are a paying subscriber for the product, you can reach out to them through
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Thanks - a lot of the menu items are named differently in our JIRA than you suggested but I was able to reach a place where I could edit the permissions for the filter (I thought I already had, but it said it was still private so...)
Anyway, thanks. I just tried it and my teammates were able to see it.
@Heinz, Michael Cool! Glad to hear it helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.