https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Introducing-Pinned-Fields/td-p/1507918 says:
The order of the pinned fields is determined by the order you pin them in.
This is not the case any more, pinned fields jump to an arbitrary position not at the bottom.
Bugticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76618 from 12th of May 2021 --> Status "Shortterm Backlog"
@Tom I believe the order of the pinned fields follow the same order of the fields on the View screen of the issue type you are using. If you (or a jira admin) edit the order of the fields on this screen, then this should fix your issue. Hope this helps!
That is not what is described by Atlassian and I've seen the correct behavior when I just recently started pinning fields and now wondering why the order is gone. Perhaps some configuration changes were done by our admins that do collide with it...
If it would work only that way the benefit of pinning fields is reduced. I would even like to move them aorund and reorder after pinning, not to unpin all fields to add them again in another order.
Hi Tom - I have not seen this. Can you share some screenshots?
Today I noticed my pinned fields order was rearranged. I unpinned all and attempted to repin in the order I would like the fields to appear however when doing this the fields are not ordering properly. Just started today, May 5 2021.
@John Funk
Interesting - it looks like system type fields rise to the top. Or maybe just People system type fields (Assignee and Reporter).
I think that description does not cover the whole story. I also tested with custom fields. To me it seems like the order is just the same as I would not have pinned the fields at all, so the whole feature of pinning fields is completely broken.
(I could not pin "expected effort" as well cause I've reached the maximum of fields to be pinned)
So how to go on and how to restore that feature? Is there already a bug filed matching or who could do so? (I was not able to...)
Seems to work again for me, without the bug ticket being touched - magic! Can someone else confirm?
I received your update. I just tried and my pins are once again added in the order in which I select them. Thanks for the heads up. Pamela
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.