I created a rule from the library (When all sub-tasks are done → move parent to done) and used it as is, without modification - and it works.
The rule closes parent tickets when subtasks are done. To do so I creates transitions from all other workflow statuses to Done so that automation could perform the transition. Also, the transition uses a post-function to set the resolution value automatically.
So as I mentioned, the rule works - the transition takes place and the resolution value is set, but errors are appearing in the audit log for the automation rule. I have not been able to find an answer anywhere.
So in case anyone is asking why I am posting another similar question, while I have found similar problems in the community - this seems more common than I would have guessed - they are not the same set of circumstances, and also, none of the posts I found were resolved. I would love to know what's actually happening.

