We have acquired a company who also uses Jira Cloud Premium. Over time, we plan to migrate some of the projects in their instance to our larger instance. In the short term is it possible to link issues from their instance into our instance?
Hi @Alex Hadden-Boyd
This is what I found, As a Jira administrator, you can activate issue linking to let your team create links between relevant issues across all Jira applications on your site. Here's the documentation for your reference: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-linking/
Cheers,
Kevin.
As an update to this question...
It should now be possible to application link multiple instances together, and then link to Issues cross-instance.
To do this you'll need to be a Jira Admin on both instances - and then...
^ Once this is complete, when using linked issues, it should give you the option to choose which instance the Issue is in - local, or otherwise.
Ste
I don't think that is what I need. I have two different Jira Cloud instances and I want to be able to link between them. I'm an admin on both instances.
The documentation that states
You can't do this in the new issue view just yet. Click the issue key to go to the full-page view (if you're not already there) then click through to the old issue view at the top-right to complete this process.
Your Jira administrator will first need to configure fully reciprocal application links between your two Jira sites. To create a link to another Jira site:
Doc: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/link-an-issue/
Hi @Alex Hadden-Boyd ,
Kindly accept the answer if you find the solution provided was useful.
-Kevin.
This worked perfectly!
As I'm navigating the testing process for migrating my server instance to cloud I ran across this thread. I linked a project in my sandbox with a project in my cloud instance.
When you setup the App Link in the Cloud instance (great instructions btw), you only need to enter the base URL for each instance. It does warn you that some of your integrations may not work.
You have to authenticate in both directions in order to see the published links.
Then you can jump between projects seamlessly.
@Ste Wright
Is it necessary for both sites/instances to be on premium level?I would like to connect standard Jira site with premium jira site.
Hi @Sokratis Kontos
You should be fine, there's no need for their to be plan alignment between the two instances
@YARON LEVY hi. If you're looking for a way to easily connect the two Jira instances and keep them synced in real-time, check out ZIgiOps. It can easily connect the two bi-directionally and help you transfer (and sync) various data/fields. It can be customized to fit multiple use cases. Feel free to check it out and if you want to see it in action (and how it can help you resolve), you can book a demo.
Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)
@Ste Wright How does this affect permissions? I got a question about possibly linking two instances (own organization with an external organization).
E.g. Company A is an external company and has epics. Can Company's B (own org) tasks be children of Company A’s epic?
Would it be possible for users of both instances only see issues in one project? How would the permission be managed? Is this common practice? What's the best practice approach? (without having read anything else yet, I do feel like connecting to an external's org instance is not very safe, but I still want to do my due diligence and learn from others in the community).
Thanks!
Hi,Next to the already mentioned synchronization tools I can also recommend a free app developed by my team- Issue Sync Lite.Next to the standard features of copying custom field values, comments, attachments, or statuses, it offers quick, intuitive configuration and ease of maintenance as well as the privacy protection that @Arielle Unterberger asked about in her comment above.With Lite, the synchronized data is exchanged between two instances, without using any middleware platform. Thanks to the Synchronization Scope admins can decide which projects and issue types will be available for synchronization. If you restrict this policy to a single project, the admin of the second instance will not even know about the existence of other projects or issue types.Hope it helps!Kasia from Deviniti
Hi @Arielle Unterberger
My original answer only works with issue links - not Epic Link (i.e Parent/Child relationship between Epics and Tasks).
In this instance, I'd either...
Looks like they did the ol' bait & switch on the free app, as it is only paid now.
Hi @Jason M_Indeed, the Issue Sync Lite app mentioned by me in the comment above has been enriched with new features and become Issue Sync Pro in the meantime. By the end of the year, we introduced pricing for new and updated customers (more info here). The solution remains free only for instances with up to 10 users.I hope this clarifies the change a bit.Cheers,Kasia from Deviniti
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.