In a scrum board, how can I move a story from column A to column B **together with the story's subtasks**?
Hi @Nils Erik
Look at this post, maybe can help you
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/edit-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time/
Cheers
Hi @Stacy Erenberg
There are restrictions placed on some of the bulk operations. For example, if you select multiple issues with different workflows, you can only transition them in groups with the same workflow, and one group at a time.
As far as I can tell my story and it's subtasks have same workflow, but I am still not able to move my story to a different column together with the related subtasks.
I can shift-click and move all the subtasks in one go, but I cannot shift-click to include the (parent) story.
I am able to shift-click and select multiple stories (on the same level I guess), but then I can't select any subtasks.
I don't think that post covers what I want to achieve.
from past experience I remember it works at least to set the story to "Done" (the right-most column) as soon as all sub-tasks are done.
A popup is then asking if the parent should also be set to done.
I am not aware of a mechanism for the other way around, though - except using Automation of course https://blog.codebarrel.io/synchronize-parent-and-sub-task-issues-with-automation-for-jira-bdcca6c9d453
Here is one of many discussions around it - as boards are just a representation of issues in a project you tackle them with automation.
Regards,Daniel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.