Hello,
A number of questions on this topic but I couldn't gleam a definitive answer. We have Jira/Service desk up and running and we created a dashboard view hoping non service desk users (but internal) could at least view a snapshot of the current situation. Is this possible? I have added all internal users to the project with the Viewer role but it still doesn't allow them to view those service desk widgets on the dashboard.
Thanks in advance!
In my experience with Service Management projects, only individuals that are Service Desk Agents (have a Service Management license) and are assigned to the Service Desk Team role for a specific service desk will then be able to see the issues in that service desk. I have only worked with Company Managed (classic) Service Management projects, so I don't know how it works for Team Managed projects.
Hi @Christopher Alexander,
As long as those external users have access to Jira Software or Jira Core, they should be able to access issues on the dashboard. You should however add them to the Service Desk Team role instead of the viewer role.
Additionally - if you have built saved filters to populate the gadgets on your dashboard, you should also make sure that those filters are shared with these users as well.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the quick reply but I don't think that helps.
If I create a gadget on the dashboard using the Jira Service Management gadget then the internal users that are not service desk users cannot view the gadget - but on the same dashboard I can use a Jira gadget and query from customer service desk and the gadget is at least visible.
If I give them service desk team role they become agents which isn't what we want.
Unless you are saying that's the only way to view those gadget then at least I know we cannot get what we want.
Adding people to the Service Desk Team role does not make people agents. That is only the case for users who also have product access to Jira Service Management - and that is a different thing.
If the people you refer to should really only have view rights on the tickets in your service desk project, you can make that happen too using the viewer role you mentioned earlier. But you will have to make sure that you grant that viewer role browse project permission in the permission scheme of your JSM project.
To do so, navigate to Project Settings > Permissions. From the Actions button near the top right corner, select edit permissions. Then, as I mentioned, associate the browse project permission with the viewer role you mentioned before.
Hello @Walter Buggenhout
Thanks again for your reply.
Something under the hood is still not right...
I added the users as default users in the Service Desk Team - but that hasn't done anything. Although it states that default users are only added at the creation of the project - how do I add them after the fact? It also show no users of that Project Role (under System->Project roles).
Does it matter that the service desk is using "Team-managed" template? I cannot find the " Project Settings > Permissions. From the Actions button" l;ocation under project settings.
Sorry the terminology isn't very intuitive in Jira
Hello @Christopher Alexander ,
We provide a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira. This app allows you to easily create dashboards with pre-defined templates, integrations with other Jira instances, Confluence, Bitbucket, Opsgenie, Insight, Statuspage, +60 gadgets and custom charts.
With Dashboard Hub you can create a private dashboard with some of our Jira Service Management gadgets, or even create a more customised one using our JQL search gadget and then create a public link so you can share that dashboard with non jira users so they can see that info.
Here you have our ITSM dashboard accessible without access to our jira instance https://bit.ly/ITSM_dashboard
Hi Trudy - thanks for the reply.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.