Hello, I am trying to use JQL to find all child issues (epics and stories) of an initiative. Many posts point to this article, but I don't think childissuesOf JQL works on my cloud instance for whatever reason. Any tips?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolio/portfolio-for-jira-2-10-release-notes-940678731.html#PortfolioforJira2.10releasenotes-childissues
Hello @[deleted]
That article is from 2017 and may no longer be applicable.
First, do you have the Roadmaps feature enabled? The article is about the Portfolio product, which was rebranded as Roadmaps and included in JIRA Cloud.
You might want to check out this post which has comments about alternative methods to get the results.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JQL-query-to-find-child-issues-of-Initiative/qaq-p/461409
There is also this article that you might find helpful.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/searching-for-issues-using-advanced-roadmaps-details-998651411.html
And there is also this issue in Atlassian's backlog
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-19543
Yes, we are using roadmaps which is how we are leveraging initiatives I will take a look
Oh wow!! The second link solved it! Instead of childissuesOf it needs to be
portfolioChildIssuesOf
THANK YOU so much!
solved my problem too thanks!
Hi. I'm trying to use the following JQL
issuekey in portfolioChildIssuesOf("PROJ-001")
But it's saying it's unable to find JQL function portfolioChildIssuesOf. I am using Advanced Roadmaps and do not have portfolio (though I understand the product was rebranded), yet the following link explicitly says I can use this function for Advanced Roadmaps. Any ideas?
portfolioChildIssuesOf. I am using Advanced Roadmaps and do not have portfolio (though I understand the product was rebranded), yet the following link explicitly says I can use this function for Advanced Roadmaps. Any ideas?
Essentially, I am looking for simple JQL that will return a list of Initiatives with no Epics (so I know which ones to focus on at planning). I was hoping something like portfolioChildIssuesOf would help but if anyone has any other ideas of how to accomplish this I would be most grateful.
If this was a normal parent/child relationship I could use hasLinkType() but, nope, this has to be different! :)
Thanks
How to get child issues of multiple initiatives by using -
portfolioChildIssuesOf
I only have the Basic Roadmap under my plan so none of the ChildIssuesOf is available for me to use. However, I do notice there is a "parent" that I can use to return all of their children stories like this:
ChildIssuesOf
parent in (PROJ-001, PROJ-002)
Hope this reply is not too late and resolve your issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.