Hello,
I am new to JIRA automation. We use Cloud version. I have a project that is Classic, Scrum. (cloud version of JIRA)
I would like to create an automation rule that can move my issue from RESOLVED to CLOSED only if the pull request ID is identifying specific repository.
For example, I have two repositories that may contribute work for a single issue. REP-A and REP-B. I would like the issue to be moved from RESOLVED to CLOSED if and only if the pull request from REP-B was merged in. Pull requests from REP-A must not result in closing the issue.
I was thinking to try using pull request ID, but I do not know how to reference it within the automation rules and which rule components would be most appropriate to try using for this. For example, if/else block or some other. I would also need to "parse/filter" the pull request ID to detect repository name.
The pull request ID as shown by JIRA seems to be a link that has some text and associated URL, e.g.
Text: parent/child!3 : This would be pull request #3 within parent/child repository
URL: https://gitlab.com/parent/child/-/merge_requests/3 : GitLab calls it Merge Request
I would like to detect "parent/child" within the pull request ID and do things differently depending on the actual repository names.
I would appreciate any pointers that can help me implement such rule.
Thanx,
Bogdan