I have two Jira instances and I want to copy a project from one instance to another. I am unable to find a way to do it. Please help.
This feature is currently in beta; you can read more about it and sign up for the early access program here.
In the meantime, you could look at this app.
Project Configurator for Jira Cloud
It currently only supports copying project configuration (i.e. screens, workflows, etc.), not data, but you can pretty easily move your data via CVS export and import.
Thanks, @Esther Strom for your reply. I will look at the Project Configurator. If we can't move a project from one cloud instance to another. Is there a way where we can move the whole instance to another?
If the destination is empty (i.e. you're moving to a completely new instance), then yes. You can do a backup of your source system via the backup manager (https://<source-site>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/CloudExport.jspa). You'd then do a system restore from the backup in your destination instance (https://<destination-site>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/CloudImport!start.jspa)
Hi @prashantgera
In Project Configurator for Jira Cloud only supports migration Configuration between Jira Cloud instances. I'm sorry to say that it does not support migrations between Server and Cloud instances.
I can confirm that we have produced a short demo video located here which explains how you can use Project Configurator for Jira Cloud to perform a migration and this can be used as a reference guide to help you get started with the plugin.
Also, I can confirm that you can find the getting started pages of the documentation located here which contain detailed guides on how to use the plugin.
I hope this information helps.
Kind Regards
Kate
No, the other instance is also in use but it has completely different projects. I am looking to move all projects from one instance to another.
Thanks @Kate Kabir
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.