Hello, I am trying to set the project lead user via Jira automation, and I haven't been able to figure out how to do so, and I would appreciate any suggestions.
I have found how to see all available smart values, and applied that same "?expand=names" suffix to a project URL to see the additional project fields including the project lead (it helps to put the result in a JSON beautifier tool or website such as this one). The smart value in question is "{{issue.fields.project.lead.name}}", or you can just use "{{project.lead.name}}", which I have confirmed via printing its value to the audit log.
However, I don't know how to set that value via Jira Automation. If I use the Edit Issue Fields action, I can expand the Advanced field and put in the below text, but when run it fails with some errors, saying "Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON."
{
"fields": {
{{issue.fields.project.lead.name}}: {{initiator}}
}
}
I fear that it is not possible to assign a smart value in this way, only read them. Can anyone confirm that? I am using Jira Server 8.7.1, and plan on upgrading to the latest Server version soon, if that matters.
Is there some way to set the project lead via Jira Automation that I am overlooking?
Thank you for your time and any suggestions you have!