How do you tie an epic from a Project to a Service Management issue?
I want to be able to have a service issue come in where I can link it to a Support Request Epic on another project for history.
Hi Kaylyn,
You should be able to link any JSM issue to any Classic Software Epic in your instance by putting a value in the Epic Link field.
I am trying to link a Software epic to a Service project, not sure if thats possible to mix project types.
Yes it is - just give it a try. :-)
Where is this located? When I start typing in an Epic name from another project, nothing is pulling in.
Try typing in the Key for the Epic in the Epic Link field.
Nothing is happening when I add this information
Maybe click Show done epics?
Also, what type of project is HBAR?
I did toggle that and nothing happened. That is the name of the Epic. I have tried the Epic name, key and link and nothing populated.
What type of Project is HBAR?
Software - Next Gen
Ah, that would be why. Next-gen doesn't use the Epic Link field like classic software projects. It uses the Parent field. Not sure if you can make that show on the screen to link it to a non-Next-gen project. I kind of doubt it, but again, you should give it a try.
Ahhh that makes sense! I was losing my mind over here. Thank you so much.
I understand completely lol. You might also try submitting a support request to see what they say:
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Thank you for all of your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.