In one of our service desk projects we want to know if it possible to auto-assign a ticket from a received email to the system where there is a cc, i.e. assign the ticket to the person who is cc'ed?
Hi @Richard Morgan,
I think you should be able to do what you want at the system level by adding a new mail handler.
If you create a new incoming mail handler to create new issues, one of the options is to assign the issue to the first cc'd user.
I hope that helps!
-Jimmy
Is this solution applicable to just at the project level? Looked to me like it's a system wide change.
It is unfortunately a system level change. I don't think there are an Jira Automation rules that cover this at only the project level.
@Jimmy Seddon My mistake. You can choose the project. Which I did and added it with the cc box checked. I then sent an email to the service desk with a cc, but that person was not assigned. Is there any change I need to make in the project itself to use the mail handler?
Is the first person in the CC field a user who has Service Team Member permissions for the service desk project where the issue is getting created?
Only a person who has been set up as a Service Team Member can be assigned to an issue in a service desk project.
Yes I chose a team member as the cc, Doesn't work
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.