We are using Kanban/Epic/Tasks for managing projects in an IT department, so we're not fully agile.
But we're creating Epics for projects and then tasks (w/ possible sub-tasks) to assign for people to work on for the over all project (the epic).
Is there a recommended order to creating the Tasks/Epics, or a way to create them at once/together?
For example if I create an Epic, I can’t create a task at the same time. I can only select an existing task/issue I’ve created.
So I have to either:
- Create the Epic first then create tasks and individually assign each of them to the “Epic link” by typing its name, as it doesn’t give me a dropdown selection (redundant/tedious)
or - After all tasks/sub-tasks are individually created, create or go to their respective “Epic” and link it to them (susceptible to errors in not selecting all the right ones if there are many)
Both options above are tedious and inefficient.
If there's a quicker way to do this, or an add-on in the marketplace, can someone advise?