I have this test.csv:
extid,issue
12345,FOO-123
23456,FOO-124
My attachments are stored in an Attachments folder in my current directory, like so:
c:\foo\Attachments\12345\AttachmentX.xls
c:\foo\Attachments\23456\Attachment1.pdf
This works:
acli --action addAttachments --issue "FOO-123" --file "./Attachments/12345" --recursive"
This fails:
acli --action runFromCsv --file test.csv --common "-a addAttachments --file \"./Attachments/@extid@\" --recursive" --verbose
The relevant error is:
Omit column: extid. It is not a valid parameter for this client.
Ok, that makes sense. Because I really want to just use extid to construct a valid --file parameter.
Of course if I name the column in my CSV file, it is missing the important ./Attachments/ part. And sure, I could go in and bulk replace it, but extid is an actual field in Jira, so I'd prefer to not have to do that for multiple import/export/add attachment operations.
Anyways, I thought a propertyFile might be the way to go, but ugh, the documentation leaves much to be desired. It seems like it's really just for remapping field names, not for any kind of value modification/manipulation.
addAttachment has an optional findReplace parameter, but I guess that's if you want to modify the attachment itself? That's an interesting/weird feature.
runFromCsv also supports findReplace, but again, I guess it's for data INSIDE the CSV? I suppose that would work if I had a character before the extid that I could replace with "./Attachments", but no.
What's weird and confusing is that the @schemeId@ syntax is supported for things like runFromPermissionSchemeList, which is why I ASSumed it would work for RunFromCsv.
I love CLI, but every time I dig into anything complex, the lack of solid documentation drives me crazy.
Also, to the folks from B̶o̶b̶ ̶S̶w̶i̶f̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶C̶o̶ Appfire that will inevitably offer to create a ticket for me - don't bother. In the past you've created multiple tickets for me (presumably associated with the email I use here), and I still have yet to be able to see them. :-/
The best thing B̶o̶b̶ ̶S̶w̶i̶f̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶C̶o̶ Appfire could do is to start answering queries like this here in the forum.
</rant>
(Yes, if I could just install Python on the machine I'm running CLI from, life would be much easier.)