Hello!I'm looking to auto populate a custom field based off of another custom field. Our customers have a number associated to them but our users know the customer by name. Ideal workflow:1. User chooses the customer name from a custom field picklist called "customer"2. A custom field called "customer identifier" autopopulates the associated numberThe reason I need "customer identifier" is because this number is required for an integration with another tool. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks in advance!
Hi @Ana-Rita Silva
You may do this with an automation rule, triggered on the changing of the first field to then update the other. Here is some information to get you started, and a library of example rules:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/label/all/1453
Please note: If you want to do this for one project, you may use a project-scoped rule with no limits. If you want to do this for all projects, you would need a global-scoped rule, and there are limits on automation rule execution. Please see here for information about those limits:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/how-is-my-usage-calculated/
Best regards,
Bill
Thanks Bill. I played around with this and it is too tedious to do for 100 + custom fields. I think I'll need to find another solution. All the best.
Hmmm... Do you mean 100+ distinct custom fields or 100+ values in the custom field (different customer names and numbers)?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.