Hi
Some of my automated rules are doing nothing. The log says:
I can remember this option, but can't find the box to deselect:
Where is the box?
What I'm doing wrong here?
Humberto
This seems to be a duplicate and yet under a different member - Jira-Automation-Only-include-issues-that-have-changed-since...
Hi @Humberto Gomes ,
yes, I think this is the right place. The checkbox is missing, but I believe it should be there.
If you try to delete the trigger and add it again, does the checkbox appear?
Or try adding a new rule
Hola Humberto - it's probably not there because you are not a Jira Administrator and the rule is a multi-project or global rule. You can get an Administrator to update it to uncheck the box,
Hi,
I'm the Jira Administrator.
Are you using the Free Lite version or the Paid Version?
New Rule:
Same Problem
Already done:
Browsers: Chrome, Edge
All with clear Cache.
No results.
Yes, it's duplicated.
Now I can understand why could not see/find the first one.
What we know at this moment:
Versions:
What next?
It's a bug from this version?
can you try to add a new rule just as a test to see if the checkbox is there?
Paid one.
Already done. Same issue. the box is not there.
I'm investigating this. A workaround for the moment: clicking on the text associated with a checkbox is typically sufficient to toggle the checkbox. Try clicking the text then saving the rule. You'll know if worked if the rule starts executing on all relevant issues.
Edit: didn't realise this was for A4J Server. I'll check with that team to see if they have news.
Answer from Atlassian Support:
try the below options:
Having the exact same issue.
I can confirm that its still working in our second instance, with the same Jira version but A4J 7.1.16.
Update:
Did NOT resolve the issue.
Thanks for sharing
Same issue with Jira 8.5.11, Automation Lite 7.2.1
The issue is not solved.
Steps performed:
Set up JIRA in Safe Mode (disabling all rules)
- Enable Jira Automation - Box is there
- Enable all other apps, one by one, and testing always between enabling.
Box disappears when enabling Time To SLA app.
Safe mode again.... same procedure...
Box disappears after enable Time Status app.
Safe mode again... same procedure...
Box disappears after enable Plans (old portfolio app)
Box disappears after Excentia app.
The behaviour is not the same, so sent to Atlassian the report and zip file.
Waiting for new troubleshooting steps.
set up JIRA in Safe Mode using the MAnagem apps menu,
Do you have the app:
Script Runner?
Yes, the issue is due to the script runner plugin.
You can downgrade to the scriptrunner version 6.15 to resolve the issue
Still waiting for the Script Runner fix version.
Still waiting for the Script Runner fix version
Okay I fixed this for add comment once check box, in comment add action using following script.
<script> jQuery(document).ready(checkBoxRenderer); function checkBoxRenderer () { if($("#iFrameResizer0").contents().find("#addCommentOnce").is(':visible')){ if($("#iFrameResizer0").contents().find("#addCommentOnce").val()){ $("#iFrameResizer0").contents().find("#addCommentOnce").css({'clip': 'auto', 'height': '15px', 'width': '15px'}); }else{ //do nothing console.log('do nothing'); } } else { setTimeout(checkBoxRenderer, 3000); } } </script>
If you are seeing this with other checkboxes too, inspect the element and right click the HTML to copy the selector and replace the script above with existing selector >> #addCommentOnce, on all three lines.It is breaking because some plugin is pushing clip(0,0,0,0) attribute to check box CSS:
still not solved by the script runner team.
As a temporary workaround while you are editing the rule and you can't see the radio buttons and the checkbox, turn on the Web Developer Tools (Ctrl+Shift+I or F12) and Inspect element.
<input class="radio" type="radio" name="executionMode" id="jql" value="jql" checked=""> or <input class="checkbox" type="checkbox" name="onlyUpdatedIssues" id="onlyUpdatedIssues" checked="">and uncheck clip (in Chrome I had to uncheck height and width as well) under element, so you can see the selected values and make the necessary changes.
Hey,
Many thanks for all updates.
This is not fixed yet:
[SRJIRA-5012] Checkboxes in Automation for Jira became hidden with SR enabled - Product Support (adaptavist.com)
Lastest comment "... hard to fix...."
There is an explanation of the problem here:
https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-5012?focusedCommentId=405556&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-405556
Anyway, the fix for this should be released on 19 May 2021.
There is a release candidate version if you want to check it fixes the problem in your non-production environments, in a following comment.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.