In a Jira cloud instances, Is there any way to edit windows flag and add any other custom field to track easily the day when an issue is flagged?
Thanks.
Hi @Javier Yuste
Are you asking if there is a way to see when an issue was marked as Flagged? In a separate "window"/pane?
If so, the separate window/pane isn't possible, I believe.
Seeing when an issue was Flagged is possible by adding a custom field, perhaps FlaggedDate, and use an automation rule to set the field. Then, display that custom field on cards on your board. Ensure that you have a second rule to clear the field (as needed).
To learn more about automation rules, please look here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/label/all/1453
Best regards,
Bill
Hi Javier - I am not aware of any way to do that.
Thanks @Bill Sheboy for your answer, but this is not exactly what I am looking for.
What I need is, add a custom field at the flagged window, that it's will be mandatory. Each time a user flag a card, the window will be appear and need to complete the comment (that is the default field of the flagged window) and the new custom field (FlaggedDate).
After that, I can check the FlaggedDate field to know the date it were flagged all cards with "Flagged[Checkboxes]" is not EMPTY ORDER BY updated DESC"
Thanks a lot for your help.
Thanks for that information.
The approach I was suggesting would automatically record the date/time an issue was flagged. Once set, you can filter on the custom field as you asked.
Instead it appears you want to manually set a Flagged Date, which may be different from when the issue is flagged in Jira. I do not belive you can modify the panel for setting the flag. The alternative is to add the custom field, and set it manually on the issue view.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.