Hello team...I have a legacy rule that prompt the customer for a response if it is in "waiting on customer" state for 5 business days. I want to move this rule to the new automation scheme ...but alittle unsure how to do that. I have the legacy rule in the attachments... thank you in advance
@Rob I agree with Bill's suggestion, but what I have used in the past is a JQL query like the below to create similar automation rules for prompting the customers by adding a comment on the ticket:
project = "your project name or key" AND status = "Waiting on customer" AND updated < -3d
Hope it helps!
Hi @Rob
You may want to use a scheduled trigger with JQL, running your rule every day, or more often. Your JQL could be based upon the status not changed for 3 days. For example
project = myProject AND status = "Waiting on customer" AND NOT status CHANGED AFTER -3d
Then use an action to add the comment.
To learn more about the new rules, please see here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/label/all/1453
Best regards,
Bill
Hi @Taranjeet Singh
I almost suggested using updated and then considered that other changes could have occurred and the issue remain in the same status. I guess the approach depends upon the specifics of what Rob wants to test to indicate "not changing in last 3 days".
Thanks!
@Bill Sheboy Correct, I agree it depends on Rob's requirements! But I was wondering if the JQL query can further be modified as below to cover that scenario:
project = "your project name or key" AND status = "Waiting on customer" AND updated < -3d and NOT updated > -3d
is there a way to make this 3 business days?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.