Hi all!
I'm trying to set the assignee of a ticket as a watcher. I've already read inside this community a lot of stuff that could potentially solve my problem (e.g. here). The easiest way to do it is by using smart values. However a lot of smart values that I've used do not work. So here's the situation:
- I've created an automation rule
- I'm assigning the ticket to a member within a project role
- I'm trying to add as a watcher the assignee using the following smart values
- {{assignee.key}} <- this is recommended on the Add Watcher automation action
- {{assignee.accountId}}
- {{assignee}}
- {{assignee.displayName}}
- {{issue.assignee.accountId}}
I've tried to log all the above, but nothing returns a value. Everything is null. And I can confirm that the ticket assignment works and it is assigned from this automation rule, and not from any post function, or from the project settings.
But nothing happens. I can confirm that if I add {{reporter.accountId}} to the add watcher action, then it works fine!
Any thoughts?
Cheers,
Alex