Hi,
I need to set different issue type screen schemes for different user, is it possible?
example:
User A only view 3 fields when he creates an issue
User B view 5 fields when he creates an issue
Thanks
No, it is not possible in native Jira.
You have to go with a Plugin to achieve this requirement.
I would suggest not going with this requirement as it is not a good way to use Jira.
May I know what is the purpose you are trying to achieve here?
Thanks,Pramodh
I have some fields that I need to use only when I Create an issue by Rest API call and not when I create the issue from Jira. For that reason I need to hide the Fields that users have to leave empty when they create the issue manually, but when the interation user create the issue from rest api he needs to have this fields
Well, this is possible but for all users in your project.
yes, I know that is possible to do different screen schemes for issue operation(create/view/edit), but i need to do this combinated for different users, not for all users
Hi Erika,
I do not know of a way to do this. The only thing that I can thing of is to create a tab on the Create screen in Jira called system or something like that. Then put those fields in this new tab so they are somewhat hidden.
If you are really worried about them getting populated, then create an Automation rule that clears the fields after the issue is created by certain users.
Hi john,
I can't do your solution for 2 reason:
-I want that normal user never see some fields, I want they see only the fields that they need to fill
-I have some post function that start if some fields are not empty, for the reason I can't set an automation that clears this fields because in this way the postfunction start before the automation
You are simply not going to be able to hide some fields for some users and not others in Jira Cloud. There is no field level security like that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.