Hi,
I have a Word document with Heading levels 1,2,3 and 4. Import with split 1,2,3 works identically, splitting by Heading 4.
Any suggestions ?
Hello Michel,
Thank you for bringing this up. Unfortunately, it's not possible to split beyond level 3 when importing a Word document. I've encountered this issue myself, with a customer who asked this question previously.
As a result, I created the following Jira ticket:
Please click Vote on this issue because it will help to get more visibility on that feature request. It will also ensure that you receive updates on this in the future.
Thank you, and take care!
Shannon
Hi @Shannon S
the issue is not regarding level 4. The issue is , that the splitting on level 1 and 2 doesn't work at all. The document will be splited on the level 4. I dont need it . I want to separate on level 2.
The system ignore the setting (level 1,2,3) .
Warm regards Michel
Hi Michel,
Thank you for verifying that. I am attempting to replicate this on my site, using the following document:
TestHeadings.docx on Dropbox
Do you run into the same issue regardless of the document you use? Can you replicate the problem using my test document?
It helps if you can also send me a screenshot of the settings you select when importing the document, and if possible, how your Word document looks.
Thank you!Shannon
Hi @Shannon S ,
thanks a lot for your effort ! I found out, what causes the issue: In my document are gaps between the headings. That means, under Heading 1 are only Headings 4. In my document ii is not an bug, it mus be so. The Heading 4 is a ortogonal, independent "labels". I close the qestion, because it is not a normal use case.
Thansk again,
Michel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.