Hi, I'm trying to achieve the following using automation.
Context:
I am the administrator of Project Acme. Issues can be linked from other Projects.
I have created a new issue IS-11 in Project Acme. In IS-10, I have created a new subtask IS-101.
On IS-101, I have linked another issue from another project: "IS-101 is related to XY-01"
What I Need
As soon as I link XY-01 on subtask IS-101, XY-01 should also get linked to the parent issue IS 10 with specific relation.
So automatically create relation "IS-10 is blocked by XY-01" when XY-01 is linked on subtask IS-101.
Problem:
I only have access to Project Acme and I can create rule for the same. The Trigger "Issue Linked" is only triggered when IS-10 is linked on other project. It will not be triggered if an issue from another project is linked on IS-10.
So even if I have "Destination Issue" branch, the rule never triggers when an issue is linked.
According to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-triggers/ "Issue updated" or any other trigger is not executed when an issue is linked.
How can I trigger a rule when an issue is linked? Alternatively how can I achieve the need?