Dear Atlassian community,
I realise this relates to a third party plugin but wondered if anyone could suggest how I go about maintaining TestRail associations when moving issues from a next-gen project to a classic project.
The issueKey is re-created for the new project I create, when I Bulk Update -> Move the old issues to the new project. This breaks my TestRail associations.
I'm thinking this:
- I can use Jira Automation to set a label (matching the original issue key) on each issue, them Bulk Update -> Move the issues to my new Classic project.
- Fully back-up all fields in the new Classic project to CSV file.
- Once inside my classic project, I can associate the new project with TestRail, then write a program to use the TestRail REST interface to update the TestRail "References" field programmatically, reading from the CSV export the match the label in my new issues.
I appreciate any comments or recommendations of a better or quicker way to achieve this.
Many thanks
Mick