Hello community,
I'm trying to automate some Jenkins jobs based upon Jira changes.
I've read some other questions and articles about Webhooks and everything seems to be ok from my side, but it's failing.
Using the same headers and endpoint I can make it work with postman and with curl. What am I missing?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Jira-Automation-Rules-Send-Web-Request-and-APIs-protected-by/td-p/1568456
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828
Found the root of the problem.
Needed to add Jira's IP addresses to whitelist them in my Jenkins server, you can find them here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-ip-ranges-and-domains-744721662.html
Hi @David Jose Silva Ruiz ,
there's code 403, so there's probably something wrong with the authorization - are you sure the appropriate header is correct? Are you also able to get the error message?
Also the content of the field Custom data is suspicious for me - it probably has wrong format. How should your request body look like?
Thank you.
Hi @Hana Kučerová ,
For now, the custom data is not being used, so the format is not important.
And the headers are correct, using exactly the same I can trigger Jenkins (with postman & curl from terminal).
To me it looks like perhaps it has to do with proxies or something similar; how can I configure that?
I would recommend you to use service like RequestBin to be able to compare, how exactly the request looks like, when you are sending it from Jira and using Postman.
About proxies - some info can be found here.
Hi @David Jose Silva Ruiz Could you please help me how to whitelist Jira Ip address in my jenkins server.Thank you in advance
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.