Goal
Automatically assign a known group or team when an issue transitions. We will use the group/team as a trigger to notify several users that the issue is ready for any of them to pick it up.
Attempted solutions
I was hoping to leverage the standard Jira Teams object. That doesn't appear to be assignable in any way, so I moved on. I really don't see the use of this object at all.
I moved on to Shared Teams from Advanced Roadmaps. This allows me to choose from any Shared Team created on the Adv Roadmap side on my issues. Works great.
The problem
I added a post action on transition to change the custom Team field (from Adv Roadmaps), but I can't get the post action to register. For lack of a better answer, I'm just setting the shared team name I'm after. Is there an ID or some kind of function I have to invoke in the custom field value?