Hi!
I am trying to use automation to set the start date of issues based on the Due Date.
This is what I tried so far:
1) Define a variable to get Original estimate in days, based on 8h days:
Variable Name: estimateDays
Variable Smart Value {{#=}}{{triggerIssue.timeoriginalestimate}} /60/60/8 {{/}}
After testing by printing to a text field, the variable outputs the correct value of the Original Estimate in days.
2) define action to edit the Start date to:
{{triggerIssue.Due Date.plusBusinessDays({{estimateDays}})}}
I got the audit message
Edit issue
Error rendering smart-values when executing this rule:Failed to get value for triggerIssue.Due Date.plusBusinessDays({{estimateDays: {{triggerIssue.Due Date.plusBusinessDays({{estimateDays}})}}
Replacing the variable by a specific number of days (e.g. 5) will work. But it seems anything other than an integer here will not work.
Is my syntax wrong or is this really a limitation of minusBusinessDays()? And is so, does anyone know of an alternative way to do this using automation? We do not use or plan to use ScriptRunner.
Thank you!