Right now I show the quick filters, use it and next time I need it, they are collapsed again. I would like them to always show but can't see where to do that (in the server version this was not an issue).Many thanks for the help!Diana
Hi Diana,
are you using a classic or a next-gen board?Is the board a kanban or a scrum board?
Usually users refer to "collapsing" in this regards to either
- swimlanes or- columns
Could you please confirm this is what your concern is about?I also found two open Suggestions but I am unsure if they apply to your request:Ability to collapse or hide columns in active sprints/kanban board (work mode)https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-3690Able to collapse columns on Kanban Boardhttps://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17698Here is a Suggestion to an improved Quick Filter selection:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-12448There is also a request open for an ability to hide the quick filters - as this is not yet implemented but your question could be understand in a way that this is happening I think I did not get you right...https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20976
In case one of the above Suggestion match you can vote on for the issue - right over there on jira.atlassian.com
Cheers,Daniel
Thank you for your reply Daniel! Sorry for the delay, this is what I mean, when we are on our sprint board page, in the server version the quick filters always displayed. Here as you can see its collapsed and I have to expand the Quick filters dropdown list, to see the filters. I checked both classic and next-gen board and it doesn't make a difference it seems.
Oh, I see now what you mean.There has been a dicussion along with the recommendation of a "fix" to switch back to old view:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-we-get-an-expanded-Quick-Filters-view-like-before-the/qaq-p/655029For the moment this could be a workaround - but new view will be default next year so the behaviour you are facing seems to be set as in "new" standard to handle this.
But switching back to the old view changes nothing with the quick filters, am I not switching the setting in the correct place maybe? xyzcompany.atlassian.net/secure/ViewPersonalSettings.jspa
The post you linked above is from 2017/2018 though.
That's a lot of extra clicks that were not required previously. This is frustrating, as was mentioned by multiple people previously. The amount of filters before the dropdown kicks in should at least be set manually.
Chrome extension from a volunteer is a helpful workaround, but is is what it is - a workaround.
Wow is this ever annoying! Bad UI decision... at least give us the option to auto-hide.
This requires us to repeatedly click on the same button over and over and over again... all day, ever day.
If you're using multiple boards on multiple projects, with many users and filters, over the course of a work week it adds up to hundreds of extra clicks that slow down the flow of work.
Please give us the option to "Always Show All Quick Filters" or something like that...
3 years later and there's sill no option to NOT auto-hide quick filters? This is as annoying as heck from a UI perspective. I do wish Atlassian would give a setting to stop the current behavior and give us what we had with on-prem.
EVERY time I open up my team's Kanban or Scrum (we use both) I have to select to show the quick filters. We have two separate teams working off the queue and during our meetings we need those quick filters to swap back and forth during our discussion. So - we need it EVERY time. Then when we go off to our sub-teams, we then need them again.
The answer is to have less filters?! OR load a complete stranger's Chrome extension (thank you @Per Lundström , I'm likely to use it).
Those are not desirable options!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.