I am using the Automation plugin for jira server in jira Service Management for this. I have three shifts of service desk workers, and I want to do round robin assignments for each shift. My requirements are thus:
- shift 1 is 8 AM-5 PM
- shift 2 is 11AM-8 PM
- shift 3 is 12AM - 9 AM
- the project lead needs to be able to change people between shifts without contacting the admin (me).
The problem is that between the hours of 11 AM and 5 PM, I have two different shifts working. I was intending to use roles to do the assignment, but you can't specify two roles in a round robin.
What I tried next was setting an entity property on the project for Last Assignee, with a value of either 1 or 2 for whichever of the two overlapping shits was assigned, and then using if/else to switch up assignment, as follows:
Now, my notation could well be off (I also tried project.properties.myProperty), but it looks like while Automation can set properties all day long, https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-83 indicates that it can't actually read them, except for issue properties. Which aren't useful in this case, because I need to know what role for the assignee in the /last/ created ticket in order to set the next one. It would be much simpler if I could just specify two roles, otherwise I'll have to create yet another role for the overlap period, add everyone in both to it, and then it will show on all projects, even where it isn't relevant.
Anyone have thoughts on this?