Hi Everyone,
I'm working on a Scrum Board with 2-week Sprints. Since in Scrum a Sprint Planning Meeting is necessary every Sprint, I thought it would be a good idea to automate the creation of a Sprint Planning session, described as a task in JIRA, when a new Sprint starts.
I created the following automation rule: http://puu.sh/GSk0Y/c13032bec9.png.
Here's what I did for the Trigger: http://puu.sh/GSkfz/ec80a24503.png
Here's what I did for the first action: http://puu.sh/GSkdu/d78484e095.png
And here's what I did for the 3 subtasks actions: http://puu.sh/GSke9/0a9661f39b.png
When I clicked create Sprint, the tasks nor subtasks appear. When I checked the audit log I saw the following error messages: http://puu.sh/GSk38/b4f365b690.png.
I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong. I set the "Project" to the "same project as trigger" and the "issue type" to "task" and made sure the "parent issue" was the "trigger issue". I tried setting the "parent issue" to "current issue" but that didn't work either.
My guess, though really I have no clue, is that I need to use a component to put the subtasks in a separate branch. After watching Attassian's YouTube tutorial, it's seemed fairly straightforward. Clearly, I'm missing a step or a piece of logic. If anyone could provide some insight into what went wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. I'd love to automate all the Scrum Events so that I wouldn't have to input that information every single time over the course of a project's life with multiple Sprints. Thank you in advance.