Dear all,
I have a problem with cloning an issue from the type Test Execution through the Jira Automation. The original Test Execution issue that is cloned has already the required tests inside. By cloning that issue manually the tests are copied as described in the documentation of XRAY:
When cloning a Test Execution issue, all the Test issue associations will also be cloned. However, a new Test Run is created for each Test so that the new Test Execution issue has no execution state.
Test Environment associations will be cloned as well.
However, when I set a rule to clone that original Test Execution issue it doesn't include the Test issue associations. The rule is triggered by a version created and a set of issues are automatically created. One of them should be the cloned Test Execution issue. I set a condition first to branch rule/related issues and set the issue key equal to the original one followed by a clone action.
It is important to figure out what I'm doing wrong as adding manually tests is really time-consuming. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with setting the rule. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to how to solve this problem.
Thank you in advance!
Evanthia Charalampidou