I have gone through the User Management API ,specifically the disable user API mentioned here:https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/user-management/rest/api-group-users/#api-users-account-id-manage-lifecycle-disable-post
but this disables the user revoking its access from all the products.Is there an API at org level…where user access can be revoked for a particular product only?
Hi @sam saas
Welcome to Community! I think the way to go about disabling a user is by removing the user from the default Product access group, this way the user doesn't consume any licenses anymore. I believe there's previous discussion on the notion of disabling a user only in one application versus to all application via that API which isn't available right now.
so probably if you hope to "disable a user" (deny access to a user on a specific application) going through the API to remove the group the user belongs to, that is the default Product access would be much feasible.
Thanks for the reply @Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP .I have tried removing users from the default Product access group(eg. For Confluence Cloud, default group being 'confluence-users'),but it does not reclaim the license.I had to remove the user from all the groups he is part of for that Product, in order to free the license.For example, in Confluence Cloud, if a user is part of 2 groups(confluence-users, custom-group) and both these groups have access to Confluence Cloud. Only when I remove user from both the groups, the user count in billing is reduced.Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes that's how it works if there are multiple Product access groups. Just to clarify the "Default Product access" is usually a group a user can be put into, if automatic sign up is enabled. So if there are multiple user groups there, removing the user from all the groups the users belong to that has Product access to Confluence should do the trick.
Thanks for the confirmation @Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP !
Hi, thanks for the post and comments @sam saas and @Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP - I will be trying this out now.
One note, the docco says "Connect apps cannot access this REST resource" - any idea if any when that will change so custom connect apps may allow this?
Thank you
Any idea on this, anyone?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.