I found a few questions and answers to this, but none of them resolved my issue.
I am trying to create an automation that posts to an issue given some criteria. The comment has a message but needs to tag a specific user. This is NOT a dynamically pulled user, like from the Assignee or Reporter field. Instead, this is just one specific user.
I have tried the following. Please note the example name is switched to myself, but I am NOT trying to tag myself in the comment:
- [~meg-mclees] or [~meg.mclees] or [~megmclees] or [~mmclees]
- The problem with these first examples are that I don't actually KNOW the internal username
- [~5c3e40b305d0812fde07b8f5]
No matter what I try, I can't seem to get it to work. Instead, the @ mention displays "user," as seen below.
I am also experiencing a separate issue where I'm trying to stamp the Assignee field in a comment via automation and that doesn't work either. I tried [~{{assignee}}] but I get the same generic "user" as the below image.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get this automation to tag the desired user? Please note I am NOT an administrator for our Jira Cloud instance.
