I am unable to report a Jira bug, there might be a bug in the bug reporting flow. Is this just bad UX or a bug?
It appears that maybe you are actually on Free version and not Standard (paid) version. The reason I say this is that free users are directed to the Community and docs for support. Is that possible? That aside, what “bug” are you experiencing? Maybe we can assist with that issue directly.
Thanks for the quick reply! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Bug-quot-Only-My-Issues-quot-filter-doesn-t-work-on-initial-page/qaq-p/1513125
Ok. So let me respond to that issue in that thread. For this thread can you confirm if you are on free version or not?
It shouldn't be the free version, I signed in with my company account. They definitely are paying for Jira.
Hello @Cory Woolf,
Thank you for reaching out to Community!
I can see that you are a user of a Standard Jira site. With this said, only your site administrator can create tickets on support.atlassian.com/contact.
You can report the bug here, so we can test on our end to confirm that it happens on other Jira sites, and then, we create a public bug on jira.atlassian.com.
Please, let us know the steps to replicate the bug, and if it shows errors in the UI, feel free to share screenshots.
Regards,Angélica
Hi Angélica,
Okay, it sounds like a UX issue. I don't think it's a bug, it's just not a very obvious flow. Why offer the option to report bugs when my user doesn't even have permission to report them directly?
Offering a link to a forum after filling out the form elements on the page (above screenshot) feels like I'm being promised a way to report a bug (trying to be helpful) only to be met at the last minute with a couple general links that aren't specific to reporting bugs. It's basically like saying "How can I help you?" and then "Okay, just read the docs or figure out how to get help through the forum."
I would have preferred if I could report the bug directly in the Give Feedback modal (below screenshot), but there's no support for attaching screenshots. Therefore I clicked the "visit our support site" link.
Thanks for looking into this, hopefully an improvement can be made.
Best,
Cory
Thank you for the details, Cory.
When using the option to give feedback, it will create a ticket on https://customerfeedback.atlassian.net/ and it's only used for feedback. The bugs are reported on jira.atlassian.com, but it needs to be tested by a support engineer first.
Based on your question, I created a feature suggesting to remove this option from the UI when the user is not a site administrator.
With this said, if you want to report this to our support, you can ask your site administrator to create the ticket and add you as a participant, so you can add comments and talk to our support, but the reporter must be a site administrator.
Thanks for the quick action on this Angélica. I appreciate you taking my feedback seriously.
It's a lot to ask to make non-admins jump through the hoop of finding who their admin is and getting them to relay/open a ticket for a Jira bug. If there's a concern of too many false-positive bugs being reported, maybe there can be a more automated approach? Some sort of queue that non-admin created tickets can be placed into that are treated with lower priority or require an admin to approve before their priority is boosted?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.