When I create a new issue, I would like to use automation to copy information from a previously created issue's custom fields into fields within the newly created issue that triggers the automation. I was hopeful that {{lookupIssues}} would provide the answer for this, but it does not support custom fields. Is there some way, using automation, that I can do what I am wanting to do?
I tried to use branching with JQL to get the previously created issue, and then use it to update the newly created issue; but with that approach, my only choice appears to be to update from the newly created issue to the branched issue, rather than from the branched issue to the newly created issue. I also tried to create a variable with the value from the branched issue's field so that I could use it for later copying after returning from the branch, but the variable doesn't carry forth beyond the confines of the branch, so that didn't work.
I've scoured the message boards for a solution, but haven't found one.