I want to create a rule that will update an Epic's start / end date to the start / end date of the fixVersion. How can this be accomplished?
Hello @Michael Lichtenstein
Thank you for reaching out.
Per your description, I understand that your Epics are added with two custom fields (Start and end date) which you would like to be automatically filled with the fix version start and end date respectively when a fix version is added to the Epics. Is that correct?
The values from the start date and release date of a fix version can be collected by the following smart values:
{{issue.fixVersions.startDate.jiraDateTime}}{{issue.fixVersions.releaseDate.jiraDateTime}}
P.S: To ensure the smart values above are going to work, confirm that the current custom fields of your Epic (Start and End Dates) are date & time picker, not only a date picker.
This would be the automation rule:
For more details on how to change the format of the dates provided by the smart values above, you can check the documentation below:
Smart values - date and time functions
Let us know if you have any questions.
Hi,
This is great, but I am having one issue. The populated dates are off by one (one date earlier than what is in the release panel). What could this be from?
Could it be a result of timezone settings?
Hi Michael,
I checked and the system is set in our time zone.
Additionally, is there a way to do this without the time? I've tried other smart values, but have had no luck.
Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.