Export Confluence table that has merged cells into CSV or excel. I have tried the 'Export to CSV' option. That does not help in exporting merged cells.
I cannot buy/add any paid plugins in corporate.
can you help me?
Regards
Sandhya
Hi @Sandhya Srinivasan,
As usual, we recommend our own app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence. But import/export of tables in the CSV format is just one of its capabilities besides filtering, creating pivots, generating charts, performing calculations, etc. So, this add-on is a paid one.
But you can browse the Marketplace for simple free apps related only to export. For example, I've found the Table Exporter for Confluence that is free and supports Cloud hosting.
And, of course, you can always try copy/paste, but it is not a very convenient workaround for big tables.
In the past I have just copied and pasted the cells into Excel when I have had issues and this has worked for me. Have you tried that yet?
Thank you
Some users have also had success with the bookmarklet shared at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Export-table-in-a-confluence-page-to-excel/qaq-p/290547!
(Link is broken) https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Export-table-in-a-confluence-page-to-excel/qaq-p/290547
It's a Community issue - copy the link and paste it directly to the browser address bar.
Is this still working? I have errors in the console in Chrome / Edge
I used the Table Capture extension from the Chrome website which works perfectly for my requirement. Hope it helps someone
Ditto, this works for me too.
I used Export to Word in Confluence, then used copy and paste from Word to Excel. The table contained merged cells and these were exported correctly.
All Atlassian products suck on interconnectivity and flexibility. it sucks to have it in Enterprise world.
Atlassian products work when you are a 2-5 people team above that it is absolute pain to have it in your ecosystem.
I tried all sorts of things but it sucks and doesnot work.
Thanks a lot for your hint. Great workaround to stop struggling.
This is what worked for me. It's annoying but it does work.
It pastes, but it creates a bunch of merged cells and scatters the text throughout them. It's a big mess. Both paste and export are useless if you have merged cells or cells with returns. It needs an Atlassian solution, not a third-party one that members of enterprise can't use. It's great to say that you can use tables instead, or even an excel-like experience, but that doesn't solve the width of page problem. Sometimes you just need Excel.
And an update from our side for other people who may come across this question: if you prefer an Excel-like style of working, you may check our spreadsheets' family that is also provided by the app.
Seems that you won't need the export function at all. But, of course, you'll be able to export your sheets in .csv and .xlxs formats.
Useless for any cell that contains returns. And as stated, if you're in enterprise, you can't download add-ons
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.