Fellow Automators,
I am at an impasse with Automation for Jira and need help.
My dept is currently using an automation to create an Initiative (custom issuetype for Adv Roadmaps, heirarchy set up per documentation) for every Epic created in this other project, however, for the sake of the Plans feature, I cannot figure out how to set the Parent Link between the two via Automation.
I saw another discussion give an answer for a Parent Link for a Task using this code "{"fields":{"parent":{"id":"36768"}}}" but this error is returning to me "Issue type 10020 is not a sub-task but a parent is specified. (issuetype), Sub-tasks must be created in the same project as the parent. (project)."
Could this error be because it was for Tasks and not Epics? What would be the correct id?
This area of Automation is lacking and I dearly miss Code Barrell's documentation, but that's another topic.
Thanks for any help yall can provide.