This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting up your service desk
How do i delete a project?
Log in as an admin, and either
Bear in mind that deleting a project kills it completely. If you have any doubts that you may need any of the data in it again, take a backup first, because that's the only way of recovering it.
I am not able to find admin tab and then delete tab
At the very top-right is your avatar icon. Next to that is a cog (gear) icon. Click the cog.
The dropdown says JIRA ADMINISTRATION.
Choose Projects in that list.
The Actions column in the Project row will have a delete link.
Me too I cannot find the admin TAB, this is so not helpful.
Nevertheless, it is a correct answer. Since it was written, Cloud has had the UI changed to something that makes it a lot harder to find stuff, including the admin sections.
Look for the settings cog on the left to start with, while you're in a project view.
Thank you Nic, I will keep trying, if I find it I will post it.
SO I FOUND HOW.
Go to your DASHBOARDS ---> Click on SETTINGS ---> click on PROJECTS --->click on PROJECTS again ---> the Vwalaaa you can see the DELETE option there to click on.
very odd, the option was missing, and suddenly it became available. The only explanation is that even though I am account owner, I didnt have the right privileges by default and after I added them, they still didn't take effect until much later.
No wonder everybody has problems. The system is set up by default for account owners not to have the right settings.
@Jolene Hey, at the top right gear Icon only gives me some option to hide something.
My avatar is on bottom left. There is an Administration section, but it has no entry related to projects or deleting them. There is no JIRA ADMINISTRATION option, and yes, I am every kind of Administor (and I'm also the owner of the account)
Hello everyone,
Project delete option you can find by 2 ways
1) Go to setting => Projects => Delete
See the screenshot below
2)Go to project => Delete project
See the below screenshot
After selecting delete, it will ask for, "you are about to delete"
Click the Delete button, it starts deleting project and then it will generate acknowledge
Thank You.
Hi Guys,If you are using Jira SD 3.13.x, you can archive the Project as well
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/jira-service-desk-3-13-x-release-notes-949769604.html#JiraServiceDesk3.13.xreleasenotes-archiving
How did you set up the right settings?
Thanks! That worked!
Thanks.
This does not work. I tried both suggestions but I still see the project in the admin list.
Open the project and then click on Project Setting. There you will get option to delete the project
This is a bit frustrating as the instructions are vague and the UI confusing. Assuming that you get into the project settings, the left panel becomes a menu bar (hidden in plain sight). On this menu bar, there is a delete project option.
Wow. Pretty frustrating. I have a brand new cloud instance of Jira and I am the admin and only user. None of these suggestions help. I've been around and around and around and don't see any option to delete. My screens do not look like the screen shots above.
I am very familiar with Jira but new to being an admin. My assumption (as also described above) is that by default I don't have the right permissions.
Bad UI design aside, can someone provide advice to getting god-like privileges on Jira so I can do this (and whatever else might come up).
Thanks,Wallace
That's because the screenshots are of an old version (Server is still similar to them), as you might expect on a 2-3 year old question.
Go to the project details (in project settings) and look to the top right, where there is a ... menu with "delete" as an option.
Thanks, Nic. The "project details" was the key to get me there, although I found it in a different spot.
I do not know how much my Friday attempt to grant myself as many privileges as possible might also have made the difference ... I don't know if some permissions take time to come into effect.
For completeness in case anyone gets as lost as I did, this was my path to the light:
(1) Found my list of projects
(2) Clicked on the project to be deleted and came to the menu below. I think I got tripped up before because this list disappears when minimized.
(3) By clicking "Project Setting" I came at last to the golden button to delete the project.
Crikey, that was difficult. So many out-of-date posts on this topic and not much direction from Atlassian staff. Thanks @Wallace Mann , your instructions were spot on.
Good luck to those finding their way here in 4 years
For JIRA Cloud:
Open the sidebar (shortcut is '[' ), and click on "Project Settings".
On the "Project Settings" page, "Delete Project" is on the sidebar.
It was confusing that it wasn't on the bottom. Usually, deleting things seems to be at the bottom of most user interfaces. It's also odd that you can't delete a project in the Project List.
Hope this helps someone.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-i-delete-a-project/qaq-p/147823
I don't see delete option in sidebar of project settings.
But found delete option in project settings >> details page by clicking three dot on top right
Looks like this is a next-gen project.
Got to love the usability in Jira. This worked for me!
If the question has to be asked, then JIRA you have done something wrong.
Ok. That worked. Thanks a lot
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.