I'm trying to set a custom field value based on the value of two other fields. I only need the first character of each field and then I will concatenate them to come up with the rank. All of the fields are single-select custom fields. I currently use a hard-coded list of conditionals but I've hit the component limit.
For example: the severity is "2 - High" and the classification is "3 - Medium" so I want to set the rank to "2 - 3".
This seems like it should be possible using the smart value string functions in Jira automation. I think that the charAt function is exactly what I'm looking for but I can having some issues getting it to work.
Here are some of the combinations I've tried but, they all return blank values for the example I've provided above.
{{issue.customfield_10055}} // This returns the expected value "2 - High"
// The rest of these are blank...
{{issue.customfield_10055.charAt(1)}}
{{issue.customfield_10055.asJsonString}}
{{issue.customfield_10055.asJsonString.charAt(1)}}
{{issue.customfield_10055.left(1)}}
{{issue.customfield_10055.abbreviate(1)}}
{{issue.customfield_10055.value.charAt(1)}}Does anyone know if it is possible to use these functions on single select fields? If not, can you think of any other ways to accomplish my goal?
Thanks in advance!