Is there a way in Jira Automation to automatically build the list of components associated with a parent issue (Story, Bug, Task) as a summation of all components associated with all of its sub-tasks?
Thanks
Ian
Hey Ian,
You could probably update the parent with the value of the Sub-task as each Sub-task is created. And probably even as the component field is updated for each Sub-task.
But I don't know about doing that on existing records where the values are not being updated.
Hey @Ian Robinson ,
It may be possible. It depends on what you want to do with that list and what event you want to trigger it?
Cheers,
Simeon.
Hi John,
This is what I have so far and it works for adding a component to the list on a sub-task. What I haven't figured out yet is if I remove a component from a sub-task how to remove if from the parent only if it is not included in the component list of any other sub-task of the same parent.
@Simmo - Any thoughts on how to update a related issue to REMOVE a value that was removed from the trigger issue?
Hey @Ian Robinson & @John Funk ,
This is more tricky than it seems. I've been playing with a few ideas. Just waiting for a team member to be back tomorrow to see if it is possible.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.