Example: Permission Scheme is Per project vs Per activity
Hi @AA_PH - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
It really depends on your organization and your needs. We use a variety or approaches with many projects sharing a single Permission Scheme, others using a unique scheme and still other using Issue Level Security for extra sensitive information.
Hi @AA_PH Permission Scheme and issue Security scheme is perfect to apply restriction to a project.
if you need any restriction in transitions or in workflow, for this you can put Conditions in workflow or scripted condition via Script Runner plugin.
Thanks
Thanks @Vikrant Yadav , what I really am looking at is a sample strategy/approach to implement for PS and SS.
Sample: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Best-Practices-Restricting-Projects-in-Jira/ba-p/654535
However, I do not think, this is best suited for my organization and I hope to get more ideas like this. Also, very old article.
Thanks @John Funk ! Was hoping to see various best practices/samples from the community.
Understood, but you have to at least start with some requirements to guide people.
Such as, can all users see all projects? Can they update all issues in all projects? Are there external users who will have access to any project?
@John Funk frankly I am not leaning towards any yet reason I am open to see various approach.
In concept, was looking at restriction per project (in our case, we did 1 proj per dept - BU project, this project is accessible to all) while there is also a (team project - internal to the dept members). Also we're looking to create a 3rd which is (external project which will include other parties (e.g. client)
Thought: Is it better to create 1 project 1 permission scheme while keeping all admin access in a project to admin or there is another better way?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.