Hi there,
I have a project where I cannot transition issues once they reach the final status (Deployed, in this case).
Unfortunately, when the workflow was set-up, they didn't populate the Resolution. I've fixed the workflow so any issues being moved to Deployed in the future will be fine. But we now have old issues in the 'Deployed' status without a resolution. I want to transition the issue out and back into the final state to force the resolution. But I'm told, "You don't have permission to transition this issue".
I've done a search for answers here - I found this similar post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Cannot-transition-issue-with-all-permissions-only-1-issue/qaq-p/1230550.
It's not my permissions: I'm a Jira admin, project admin, and can transition issues from other statuses on the project. I was able to reopen issues on a different workflow in this project. I've been able to re-open and resolve issues on other projects.
I can't see anything specific in the transitions going into this status (no conditions, properties, validators, or triggers; the only post functions are the standard ones plus setting the resolution).
The only thing I can think of is that the final status has no outbound transitions; that means I can't add an outbound transition. Although on another project: I got around this by adding an 'All' transition, which worked perfectly; it isn't working on this project for some reason.
Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this would be appreciated.