Using the Automation Features within Jira. Is there a way to automatically close a sprint at the end date and create a new sprint of the same duration and lastly. Move all open issues to the newly created sprint.
Hi @Aaron
Short answer, there is no built-in, out of the box JIRA feature to automatically start/close sprints in the Cloud version.
There is a suggestion to add this capability, which you can review and vote for here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20563
I did not see a way to automatically start/close a sprint on either the marketplace or using the REST API. There may be a way to do this using scripting add-ons. If interested on this route, please try a search on that approach.
Best regards,
Bill
Hi Aaron,We don't have an action available for closing/opening sprints in Jira automation. There is a public ticket tracking this feature request here: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-704
Cheers,John
Bill, how are you? Long time no see. I have someone that wants to automatically create all sprints for all teams through automation. They are moving over from a different platform and are used to this feature. They want all Scrum teams to have the same sprint number and to start and end of the same day. Sounds like I need to do some looking around.
Hi, Rick! I'm well, and thanks for asking.
Are you on cloud or server/data center? And if cloud, which version: free, standard, premium, etc.? Regarding automatic sprint scheduling/management...
Hi,
We just released Sprint automation for Jira to start and stop sprints automatically. Please check it out at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1225720.
Try it free for one month, and please give us feedback about features, functionality, and pricing.
Happy to support the community!
Jerry
Hi @Jerry Laster _Divim_ Inc__
As you suggest your vendor's products to the community, please consider updating your user name to include your company information, as described in the community guidelines for marketplace and solution providers:
Identify yourself as a partner: Make sure the user is aware you are affiliated with a partner company; for example, by placing the name of your company in your user name in {curly brackets} or -dashes- (note that regular brackets no longer work and have been automatically converted to dashes). If you are mentioning your own products or services, make sure you include wording to make it clear that you are affiliated with the company providing those products or services.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723
Thanks, and best regards,Bill
Edit: wrong thread
Thanks Bill. I thought that was the case. I see my info as
Full nameJerry Laster [Divim, Inc.]AnyonePublic nameJerry Laster [Divim, Inc.]Anyone
But it may not have been updated.
I made sure to make clear that this is not "some app" but an app we created because I have no interest in being deceptive.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.