Hello
I'm trying to set a Custom field value in Automation rule, but it is not listed in the field value picker.
The filed is a Select List (cascading) with a few options to choose.
Please help.
Hi @Sai Nepadhya Gurram
Cascading select list is currently not supported there to be picked up from the field list.
But you can update the value using the 'More options' --> 'Additional fields' textbox available. Follow the REST API call format for updating values.
Example below (insert the values into the <> tags as needed)
"fields": { "<field name>" : { "value": "<value1>", "child": { "value" : "<child value 1>"} } } }
Hello @Gikka
Many Thanks for your response.
I am sorry , but I couldn't find the 'More Options' field anywhere.
Regards,
Sai
Sorry, I thought you were trying to 'Edit' the issue to set the value for field.
To define the 'If' rule for Cascading select, you can choose the 'Advance compare condition' option and write REST API check for a cascading select.
Place the custom field ID for the cascade select list in the rule below.
For parent value: {{issue.customfield_xxxxx.value}} equals value1ANDFor child value: {{issue.customfield_xxxxx.child.value}} equals child1
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.